Blog Description

Hi Everyone,

This blog is an online account of the progress of my learning of Interactive Design, and its related subjects. The blog will include examples of my work, as well as links and other useful information.

Thanks for reading,

-Andrew

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Web 2.0 - Definition

The first thing I did to find a definition of Web 2.0 was to simply type it into Google, just like I'd do with all the other terms that most of us don't know much about. Not surprisingly, a Wikipedia page was basically the first result. I won't lie and say that I'd never use Wikipedia as a source, because, just like everyone else, it provides a good starting place to learn more about new things.

To save me the time of trying to explain to you right away in my own terms, I will provide you with an excerpt from the Wikipedia page.

“The term "Web 2.0" refers to a perceived second generation of web development and design, that aims to facilitate communication, secure information sharing, interoperability, and collaboration on the World Wide Web.”

In my own words, I would say that Web 2.0 is simply a bigger and better version of the original use and design of the internet. More specifically, it is a more advanced platform to be able to share information, connect with more people, and other such activities.

Keeping in mind that people have been able to interact with websites in the past, the concept of Web 2.0 is exciting because, now the interaction between internet users has become more user friendly as well as more accessible, as well as faster.

1 comment:

My Blog List