Blog Description

Hi Everyone,

This blog is an online account of the progress of my learning of Interactive Design, and its related subjects. The blog will include examples of my work, as well as links and other useful information.

Thanks for reading,

-Andrew

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What is Interactive Design?

As a designer in this course, I thought it best that I make sure I know what it is exactly that I will be learning about. Naturally, I googled "Interactive Design"... just as most other students would have.

Not surprisingly, the first result was a Wikipedia page giving its definition of Interactive Design. Even though the pages title is “Interaction Design” I believe it to be the same as saying, interactive. To save you the time of 'googling' it yourself, I thought I'd just give you the address: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interaction_design

A direct quote from the site above:

"Interaction Design (IxD) is the discipline of defining the behavior of products and systems that a user can interact with. The practice typically centers around complex technology systems such as software, mobile devices, and other electronic devices. However, it can also apply to other types of products and services, and even organizations themselves….Interaction designers are typically informed through iterative cycles of user research. They design with an emphasis on user goals and experience, and evaluate designs in terms of usability and affective influence.”

As I begin to learn more about the subject I will prepare a definition of my own.

Thanks,

- Andrew Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List